Is Windows a Virus?
Q. Is Windows a virus?
A. No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:
1) They replicate quickly -- okay, Windows does that.
2) Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as
they do so -- okay, Windows does that.
3) Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk -- okay, Windows
does that too.
4) Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable
programs and systems. Sigh, Windows does that, too.
5) Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow
(see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.
Maybe Windows is a virus.
Nope! There is a difference!
Viruses are well supported by their authors, are frequently updated, and
tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.
So there! Windows is NOT a virus.
It is a bug.